Healing takes place in many forms, but with one purpose in mind: to better our future community. Our participants, Colorado female adult survivors of sexual abuse or assault, receive a combination of traditional therapy, cycling gear and guidance, and community support to create the sacred cycle of recovery, personal development, and community impact. We are here to support each other together: one survivor, one community, and one goal at a time. Your involvement with Sacred Cycle positively impacts the survivors of sexual trauma by funding our 5-month Frame program, individual therapy for survivors, and bike equipment.
To raise $30,000 to empower survivors of sexual trauma to achieve their goals through therapy, cycling, and community support. During this 30 day campaign, we hope to raise awareness about our non-profit, grow our community, and raise $30,000 by October 12th. Why $30,000? Based on our 2021 programming goals, that’s the cost of delivering a 5-month program to 15 women – that’s five women in each of three Colorado regions – Roaring Fork Valley, Eagle County, and Denver County.
What to expect
Over the next 30 days, we’ll have a variety of virtual events to keep you excited and engaged with our goal to raise $30,000 for our 2021 programming! From daily themes to Friday events, you will see, read, hear, and participate with an insider’s eye to our programming and community. The campaign will be live from September 14th through October 12th. Here’s what you can look forward to each week:
- Mystery Mondays: Receive an email briefing of the week’s upcoming activities.
- Take-over Tuesdays: Tune in to our social media accounts for a staff or community member’s takeover!
- Welcome Wednesdays: Let’s support our new members and donors! Refer a friend to subscribe and they get 20% off SC merchandise to use that day only
- Wednesday, Oct. 7th 5:30pm-8:00pm MT. Defining Success with Trish Kendall. Donation-based tickets.
- Thankful Thursdays: A day of gratitude for those who help us succeed.
- Fabulous Fridays: Check our event calendar and be sure to RSVP for detailed information on each Friday’s event!
- Friday, September 18th 7:00pm-8:30pm MT. “Rad” Movie Watch Party: Watch with movie with other community members on Watch Party, an Amazon feature that allows us all to watch in sync and live chat.
- Friday, September 25th 7:00pm-9:00pm MT. Cycling on Canvas Painting Class: In this Zoom class, learn to paint a fall-themed landscape. Open to all skill levels!
- Friday, October 2nd, 2020 7:00pm-8:00pm MT. Virtual Family Happy Hour: Join on Zoom for ice-breaker games and breakout conversations. All ages welcome!
- Friday, October 9th, 2020 7:00pm-8:00pm MT. Virtual Bingo: Invite your friends for some good old-fashioned virtual competition, and maybe you can win a prize.
- Scenic Saturdays: Get out and ride! Take a picture of yourself enjoying nature (with or without your bike), post it to Sacred Cycle (tag us: @sacredcycle), and we’ll post a collage of all the submissions. For each picture sent in, a sponsor will give a donation to our cause!
- Sacred Cycle Sundays: Learn more about why we do what we do. Our team members will take you through our mission and values.
Stay up to date
Subscribe to our email list to learn about our campaign.
Follow us on social media:
Text to donate: text 44-321 and type in 7272, hit send
Every time you contribute to Sacred Cycle, you are showing your support for survivors of sexual abuse and in return, we become one step closer to healing our community. Thank you for your support.