Please join us in celebrating an abridged 2020 program!
- Abridged Frame Program: July 1 - Sept 30 held in Colorado’s Roaring Fork Valley which allows for small group gatherings, clinical therapies, and virtual components.
- Defining Success Event: October 7, 2020
- Women’s MTB Bike Clinic: Sept 13, 2020
- Community Rides: July 1 - September 30, 2020.
- Race Team: We have a team of eight riders ready to roll to share the mission and build awareness.
While we are no longer accepting 2020 applications, we encourage you to fill out an application to be added to our 2021 waitlist. Once received, we can introduce you to our community including partner organizations, crisis assistance, community events and rides. Our community provides an immediate solution to isolation and the possibility of survivorship peer mentorship. Apply here.
Sacred Cycle's 2020 five-month program gets rolling on May 1 and crosses the finish line with a statewide all-client retreat on October 1. In order to reach more survivors, we have four distinct programs in the Roaring Fork Valley and Denver County with strategic expansion in years to come. Our ability to do so will be based on available funding at the season onset. County-based programs encourage increased interaction between active participants, alumni, participant coordinator and bike coaches. Participants must be residents or willing to commute on a weekly basis into the county.
- A participant coordinator who stays with you the duration of the program for regular checking and assistance with scheduling.
- Online client touchpoint programming from mental health talks, group team-building sessions, and facilitator led sessions.
- An affordable counseling program for ongoing evidence-based trauma with a therapist of your choice. May include psychotherapeutic treatment (ptsd, emdr), art therapy, equine therapy, wilderness therapy, yoga, reiki, rolfing, massage, and more.
- A biking coach who stays with you the duration of the program for regular rides and skill development - beginner to advanced on mountain, gravel, road and cruiser options as a vehicle to healing. Athletic goods provided include bike, helmet, shoes, soft goods and assorted accessories.
- Special guest on-trail therapeutic biking coaching with a licensed psychotherapist
- No-drop weekly and monthly group and community rides
- At the end of the season, you will be a guest at our retreat and barnbuster event. The retreat includes 2 days and 1 night of enjoying a full holistic retreat with biking instruction, hikes, art or equine therapy, yoga, mental health talks, healing foods, and lots of giggles.
- At the end of the season, you'll finish with a community of survivors and stay in touch components beyond the Sacred Cycle program.
*Varies by program
Choose A Program
We meet the survivor where they are in their healing cycle and understand their time availability while encouraging the client to be a self-starter in planning their healing process through accountability.
- Frame Program - Our Signature Program. Concept: I'm ready to begin my healing. I'm willing to be vulnerable and brave. Goal: Sacred Cycle will teach you tools to stay grounded. Value $5,000. Participant pays $500. Scholarships available.
- Wheel Program. Concept: I own a bike, am time-challenged and yet still want to participate. Goal: Sacred Cycle will meet you where you are at. Starting is the hardest part. Value $3,500. Participant pays $350. Scholarships available.
- Spoke Program. Concept: I'm a Sacred Cycle alumni and am struggling. I'd like to receive short-term financial support for my therapies. Goal: Sacred Cycle will assist you in coming up with your own plan. We want you to change your mindset and solve a short-term emergency for the long haul. Value: Case by case based on available funding.
- Alumni Program. Concept: I want to continue my healing and support new client participants. Goal: Sacred Cycle embraces empowering alumni through giving back. Value: Fees may be covered through volunteerism - 1 hour of SC paid programming = 2 hours volunteerism. Volunteerism may include: Event assistance, 2020 participant mentorship, maintain daily thread, organize participant monthly breakfast, social media content creation, blog writing, etc. Your specific number of volunteer hours needed will be calculated based on the program components you chose. We'll create a plan together after we receive your application.